Wednesday, November 2, 2011

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 1 — A small fire broke out earlier this afternoon at Mid Valley Megamall’s GSC cinema but has been put out, the mall’s management told The Malaysian Insider when contacted.
No one was hurt, according to the mall’s spokesman, Stephanie Tan.
“The fire started at about 1.20pm in one of the halls. I’m not sure which, but our team managed to put it out within 10 minutes. As with our procedure, everyone was evacuated,” she said.
The Star Online reported that thick smoke from the fire had triggered the alarm system forcing cinema patrons and staff to evacuate.
It is understood that the fire had broken out near an emergency exit of the cinema and has been attributed to a possible short circuit.
The cinema is now closed to allow the fire department to conduct its investigations.